Remember that old Commodores hit “Brick House”? It celebrated the virtues of a sturdy, well-built woman. Okay, so that might not be the most PC song to croon today. HOWEVER, it could be the perfect ditty for our latest custom trailer, designed to haul two giant half flues made of pre-engineered brick for a leading global producer of aluminum.
This trailer is stacked tough, and that’s a fact, with a UHMW-lined center mast support. Since the loads need to be secured horizontally to the mast, using conventional rachet straps was off the table. Instead, our engineers designed a self-locking worm gear winch binder solution (see photo). With no rachet teeth on which to catch delicate fingers, the system delivers a safer, more ergonomic experience. Safety stops at the front and back of the trailer also provide extra control, especially since the trailer needs to negotiate a 12-inch drop down a 20-foot-long ramp.
Powerful. Safe. Secure. She’s mighty, mighty, indeed.
4 Wheel Auto-Steer Trailer
- Capacity: 20,000
- Deck Material: Steel Plate Deck
- Frame Size: 72” Wide x 144" long
- Steering Type: Four-wheel auto-steer
- Running Gear: Mold-On Polyurethane wheels with tapered bearings
- Couplers: Loop-type towing tongue at front; no rear coupler
- Finish: Painted Safety Yellow
- Trailer is designed to transport (2) Half Flues per load, each measuring 5' 9.6875 Tall x 1' 10.5" Wide x 11' 6" Long, side x side.
- Center Rack for product positioning / loading
- 3 mph speed limit