6/27/2013 4:09 PM
We’re pumping out one our biggest custom orders ever, thanks to one of our southeast distributors. This time with 68 four-wheel steer trailers to haul diesel turbocharger housings for a major engine manufacturer.
Uniquely designed, each trailer features two carousels that lock in place during transport and rotate to keep loads easily accessible. A single trailer holds 48 parts and about an hour of production needs on the assembly line.
With the added capacity of our new truck factory, we can handle massive orders like this with ease. Plus, we can build even larger carts and trailers faster than ever.
Here are the tech specs:
- All steel four-wheel steer trailer with sheet aluminum carrousels minimize trailer weight and cost.
- Custom removable superstructure mounted over channel frame base trailer. Designed to haul 48 parts in 12 by 12 lined cubby compartments. Special lining protects parts in transit. Adjustable shelves can accommodate part changes in the future.
- Each rotatable carrousel is designed for water drainage through the cubby compartments, facilitating occasional wash down.
- Rugged loop-type towing tongue with special handle for manual steering. Pintle hitch mounted on rear enables several trailers to be made into a train.
- Fifth wheels at each end connect to a tie rod for four-wheel steering. Enables trains to “track” through aisles.
- Running gear: Four W-1230-SPB ¾ Poly-Soft wheels with precision ball bearings for an extra-smooth ride and easy rolling.
- Two front wheels have special contact brakes installed to maintain position at the assembly line.
- Glossy yellow paint
- Load capacity: 2,000 lbs.
9/27/2012 12:00 AM
To haul platoons of top-secret aircraft parts around a factory, the U.S. military enlisted Hamilton.
We recently built 75 different custom trucks of various lengths to carry up to 4,000 pounds each. Sorry, we can't tell you types of aircraft they're used to build, but we can tell you that national defense depends on them.
Here are the tech specs:
- 42" wide by 144" long by 15 ¾" deck height
- Deck made of oak hardwood, set flush in steel angle frame, reinforced by center rails underneath
- Equipped with heavy-duty automatic couplers (jaw and bail)
- Six tie-down rings, three on each deck side
- Running gear: two swivel casters (S-CH-13RT) with 10" x 3" mold-on, rubber tire wheels and two 12" by 4" mold-on, rubber tire load wheels
- All wheels have tapered roller bearings and pressure-lubrication fittings
- Woodwork sanded and varnished; steelwork enameled hammertone blue; couplers painted safety yellow
3/26/2012 12:00 AM
Bet you didn’t think you’d find Hamilton carts, casters and wheels at your local brewery. Or how about at casinos on the Vegas strip? Or even your favorite NFL team’s stadium? Our products are used everywhere. Last time we counted, they operate in about 32 different industries. And that number continues to rise, because the world truly does run on casters. Here’s a snapshot of the industries fueled by Hamilton Caster:
- • Airlines
- • Amusement parks
- • Architects
- • Auto racing
- • Brewers
- • Building supply
- • Cities/municipalities
- • Clothing
- • Distillers
- • Engineering/design firms
- • Fabricators
- • Farm equipment
- • Food service/meat packing
- • Greenhouses
- • Highway equipment
- • Hospitals
- • Hotels, resorts, casinosi
- • Machine shops
- • Overhead cranes
- • Petroleum
- • Pharmaceutical
- • Plastics
- • Pre-cast concrete
- • Railroads
- • School systems
- • Ship building
- • Stadiums/arenas
- • Steel manufacturers
- • Tire/rubber manufacturers
- • Trucking
- • Universities
- • Zoos
2/28/2012 12:00 AM
Next time you guzzle a cold one at the ball game, give Hamilton Caster a nod. One of our carts is probably responsible for quenching your thirst, like this 2000-lb. capacity rig tasked with hauling beer to concession booths at a stadium. A southwest distributor ordered up 64 of these custom carts that can haul 13 kegs apiece. At about 170 lbs. each, they’re a bit too hefty for just one person. But on this custom cart, they glide and easily maneuver in tight spaces like freight elevators – or around drunken fans.
Here are the nitty-gritty specs:
- • This 36” x 48” model has a deck of 1/8” diamond-tread aluminum welded over a frame of aluminum channel.
- • Four internal handle sockets create a smooth exterior to allow it to maneuver in close quarters.
- • Model CP00030/40 couplers are bolted at each end of the trailer.
- • Two each S/R-WH-82AYB swivel and rigid casters are equipped with 8" x 2" poly-on-aluminum wheels with precision ball bearings.